Who is this qualification for ?
This course is designed for the advanced Beauty Therapist to work competently as a beauty therapist specialising in make-up. Throughout this qualification you will monitor procedures to safely control work operations, contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities, design and create fashion and photographic make-up and provide specialist skin camouflage services
Why is this qualification most suitable ?
The Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make-Up is a qualification providing advanced skills and knowledge for employment as a beauty therapist specialising in make-up.
What does this qualification cover ?
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Make-Up Artistry is the ultimate Makeup Course for learners seeking a career as an employed or self employed Makeup Artist. Whether it be within Bridal, Fashion or Media this Course will equip you with the best starting point for your career.
This qualification is based on the beauty therapy National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s leading professional bodies (The British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) and the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)) as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as a beauty therapist.
- Apply make-up
- Instruction on make-up application
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Camouflage make-up
- Media make-up
- Design and apply face and body art
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Apply airbrush make-up to the face
What will I learn on the Course?
- Equipment Overview, Product insight & Knowledge
- Health & Safety/ Insurance & Business Advice
- Consultation and trial Process including skin analysis, face shapes and face charts
- Preparing and priming the skin, colour correcting and concealing
- Selection and application of various foundations
- Basic day and Evening Eye Makeup
- Completing the look with perfect brows and lips
- Vibrant glamorous Eyes /Bridal Looks
- Application of strip and Flare Lashes
- Celebrity Inspired/ Red Carpet look
- Smokey Eyes and blending techniques
- Contouring & Correction to enhance face shape
- Application of Airbrush Make up
- Photographic and Camouflage Makeup
- Creative Eye shadow techniques
- How to create a mood board
- Vintage Makeup (1920’s-1960’s)
- High fashion / Catwalk Makeup
- Photographic/ Media Makeup
- Fantasy Makeup and AvantGarde Makeup
- Support to apply for Makeup Pro cards
Duration & Delivery & Structure
10 Days: Training
4 Days: Practical and Theory Assessments
Timings are 9:30am-4:30pm
You will be taken through all Modules in a classroom based environment of up to 4 students with your Course Tutor.
You will be required to carry out some Home Study within this Course.
What will I need for the Course?
You will need to wear a Black Salon Tunic for your training and assessment days.
You will require to purchase a kit
You will be required to bring in 2 Large Black towels on the course for your own use when carrying out treatments.
You will be required to bring in a model on assessment days to carry out your treatments on for Practical Assessments. (Course tutors will give you specific dates and times for when models will be required)
Do I need to purchase a Kit for my Course?
It is recommended that you purchase a kit for your course for practicing treatments in your own time
What could this qualification lead to ?
Completion of the Level 3 Beauty Therapy Make-Up Diploma will provide students with an internationally recognised qualification and enable students to pursue employment as a Beauty Therapist specialising in Make-up.
Progression opportunities also exist in the form of specialist VTCT related qualifications:
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Make-Up Artistry (QCF)
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-Up (QCF)